For the most part, the format for the 2017 season will be identical to that of the past seasons. The final league day is once again an optional tournament day. This is the result of not wanting to force teams to make a choice between competing in the MPL league days and other major events including National Qualifier Events. The format and scheduling of the tournament will be very similar to a normal league day. Although it may be possible that different competition/scoring formats will be experimented with.
This year all Midwest Power League Tournaments will be using Advanced Event Systems for its registration process. AES will be the website that is the choice of USA JNC Girls Championship, National Qualifiers, Regional’s, and many other events throughout the country.
- Go to Advanced Event Systems to register your team and club.
- Click on Create Account if you are a new user. If you already have a username and password, skip to step 4.
- Next, fill out the Club Director info, creating a username and password and making sure to keep your username and password in an accessible spot for future use.
- Enter your username and password and login.
- Once logged in, add players & staff by clicking on the appropriate link. AES integrated with USAV’s Webpoint system, if your region uses Webpoint, WE HIGHLY recommend using the USAV Import link. (This will save you time)
- Click Teams – add teams
- Enter events – you will build your roster after you select the event, division(s) per team – then click BUILD ROSTER.
- Click on continue.
- Check the entry form box and click print entry form.
- Print form, sign, and send in with check or credit card information to Capitol Sports Center, 1915 Gladden Road, Plainfield, IN 46168 or Pay Online.
- Make sure that rosters for each team gets updated by the roster deadline date!
The Capitol Sports Center staff will send out broadcast emails to inform you of other information and steps as they come available.
Entry fees must be received with completed entry form to be accepted into the tournament 9 days prior to the event. The dates for each tournament's deadline are:
- Midwest Power League #1 - 1/13/2017
- Midwest Power League #2 - 1/26/2017
- Midwest Power League #3 - 2/3/2017
- Midwest Power League #4 - 2/27/2017
- Midwest Power League Tournament - 3/31/2017
This event is open to all teams USAV, JVA, or AAU, however, rosters do need to be submitted online by the roster deadline.
- The MPL will be accepting all teams wishing to participate.
- No teams will be cut.
- Along with the entry form, teams are required to submit their League Fee of $200 per day event. The optional tournament day will be $200 also.
- Paid referees will be provided on all matches for all age groups including league days, and tournament days.
- Court managers will be provided for all events.
- All competitions will begin at 8:00am (local time) sharp unless specially noted.
- Failure to attend a scheduled league day, or a committed tournament day, will result in forfeiture of the day’s entry fee, a fine of $100, and forfeiture of the day’s matches resulting in being moved down a level for the next competition.
It will be required for the 2017 Midwest Power League that a contact with each club have an e-mail address with Internet Access and/or download capabilities. League information will be posted to our web site on the Wednesday prior to the Sunday play date. Although some club directors may not have access to the Internet, it is very unlikely that a coach, a player, or a parent within your club does not have internet access. Most libraries also provide access. This should ease the communication process that club directors experience. It will also expedite getting the information out without relying on regular mail or fax.
If you have any questions, please contact Scott McQueen at email@example.com or call 1-800-476-0060 extension 116.
Most playing sites in Indiana will be charging a facility use fee for the 2017 season.