2015 NIKE Mid-East Qualifier
If you have any questions regarding this tournament, please contact Scott McQueen.
MEQ will be using Advanced Event Systems for its registration process. AES will be the website that is the choice of USA JNC Girls Championship, many other qualifiers (including MEQ) and regional tournaments around the nation for registering teams.
Please Note: When Registering on AES, make sure to change the location to Missouri for 12-14's & 15 American and Indiana for 15 Open, 15 USA & 16-18's.
- Go to Advanced Event Systems to register your team and club.
- Click on Add Club if you are a new user. If you already have a password and username, skip to step 4. If not, fill out the club info and hit the submit button.
- Next, fill out the Club Director info, creating a username and password and making sure to keep your username and password in an accessible spot for future use.
- Enter your username and password and login.
- Click on Staff, then "Add New Staff." Enter the information, and hit the submit button.
- Click on Players, then "Add New Players." Enter the information, and hit the submit button. Repeat for all players.
- Click on Teams from the list on the left.
- Click on Add New Teams, enter info, and submit information.
- Click on your new team, and then on "Add/Update Staff." Click on "Add New Staff" and choose from the pull down list the available names and hit submit.
- Go back to "Teams," click on the selected team, and then on "Add/Update Team Players." Choose from the pull down list of available names and hit submit. Continue until all team players are added.
- Click on "Enter Events." Hit the "Register" button for the weekend of MEQ that you are wanting to play.
- Select the division from the pull down list that you wish to enter your team and click on "Register Teams."
- Make sure you update your results under the results section!
- Contact AES Housing at 1-800-476-0060 x18 for rooms to ensure that you meet the Stay to Play requirement of 12 room nights per team.
- The Capitol Sports Center staff will send out broadcast emails to inform you of other information and steps as they come available. The checks and registration form can be sent to Capitol Sports Center, 1915 Gladden Road, Plainfield, Indiana, 46168.
Within the MEQ there are numerous tournaments. These tournaments are the following divisions: Open, National (12& Under Only), USA, & American. These divisions are then divided into tournaments by age group (18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12). All tournaments are for girl's teams.
Open Division Tournaments
(18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13 & Under Age Groups)
These tournaments are limited to 48 teams per each age group. Up to 3 bids per tournament are available to the Open Division of the 2015 Mideast Qualifier provided 8 teams enter this tournament. The actual number of bids is contingent on the number of entries per tournament:
- 24 + teams entered = 3 bids (13 Open has 2 bids max)
- 16 to 23 teams entered = 2 bids
- 8 to 15 teams entered = 1 bid
- Less than 8 teams entered = 0 bids
National Division Tournament
(12 & Under Age Group Only)
This tournament is limited to 128 teams. One bid is available to the National Division of the 2015 Mideast Qualifier provided 8 teams enter this tournament.
USA Division Tournaments
(18, 17, 16, 15, 14 & Under Age Groups)
These tournaments are limited to 128 teams per group. Up to 2 bids per tournament are available to the USA Divisions of the 2015 Mideast Qualifier provided 8 teams enter each tournament. The actual number of bids is contingent on the number of entries per tournament:
- 24 to 128 teams entered = 2 bids
- 8 to 23 teams entered = 1 bid
- Less than 8 teams entered = 0 bids
American Division Tournaments
(18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12 & Under Age Groups)
These tournaments are limited to 128 teams per group. One bid per tournament is available to the American Division of the 2015 Mideast Qualifier provided 8 teams enter each tournament.
If either field size of the 12 & under National and American Divisions does not meet the above minimums then the divisions will be combined and called the National Division. If this combined National Division has 16 or more teams, then it will retain both bids with the first bid going to the National Division at YJNC and 2nd bid going to the American division at YJNC. IF the combined National Division has less than 16 teams, then it will recieve one bid for the National Divsion at YJNC provided 8 teams are entered in the combined National Division.
- All 18, 17, 16, 15, 14 & 13 Open Teams: $765
- All 12 National Teams: $765
- All 18, 17, 16, 15 & 14 USA Teams: $765
- All 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13 & 12 American Teams: $765
NOTE - A cash deposit is no longer necessary to enter in Open tournaments at Qualifiers. In the case of an open team obtaining a bid to the JNC but does not use the bid, the team's club, director and coach(es) will not be allowed participation in any Qualifier for the 2016 season.
Entries for the MEQ must be received by 5pm EST on February 13th, 2015 for week 1 and 5pm EST February 20th, 2015 for week 2. ABSOLUTELY
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN AFTER THE ENTRY DEADLINE.
Team Selection, Bid Refusal & Notification
Immediately after the deadline, all teams will be notified of their acceptance to the event. In the event that the number of entries of a division exceeds the maximum field size, the results information to date will be used. It is strongly advised that each team submit any and all results to date, by the entry deadline. Teams with results on file are considered first. The following criteria will be used by the Competition Committee of the Youth & Junior Division of USA Volleyball to determine the field:
OPEN, NATIONAL, USA, & AMERICAN TEAMS
- Date that the completed entry application is received by the Qualifier. This includes being registered on AES, payment being received by Capitol Sports Center, and the housing requirement being fulfilled on AES (This INCLUDES having individual rooms picked up within the block and attributed to appropriate teams).
Teams are cautioned about making non-refundable travel plans prior to the acceptance date. Teams are, however, encouraged to make housing plans early.
Competition Format / Coaches Meeting
All teams should be prepared to play at 8am local time on Friday, March 13th or Friday, March 20th, 2015. Actual start times will be communicated after the entry deadline. All competition is projected to be completed by 6:00
PM on Sunday, March 15th or March 22nd, 2015. A pre-tournament
NON-MANDATORY coaches meeting is scheduled for Thursday evening, March 12th or March
19th, 2015, to begin at 8:00pm local time. Team check-in will run from 3:00
PM-9:00 PM local time on Thursday, March 12th or March 19th, 2015. Sites of meetings will be at the Convention Center for the designated weekend. All formats and seeding will be as designated by the YJND Competition Committee.
Up referees will be supplied for all matches. Teams will be required to supply down referees, line judges and scorekeepers.
As in the case with the Junior National Championships, everyone listed on a roster as a coach is required to be IMPACT level certified. To obtain information on becoming IMPACT certified, contact the junior rep of your region.
This year MEQ will be charging an entry fee for all non-players and non-coaches. Tickets can be bought Thursday - Sunday at the rate of $8 a day or $20 for a 3-day pass.
We will start selling bracelets on Thursday from 5:00pm - 8:30pm. Admission will then again be open at 7:00am on Friday. "Lost" bracelets will not be replaced. We will replace damaged bracelets if needed. There will be security guards at the entrance and each hall and you will need to have the bracelet around your wrist to enter.
Rules for Jerseys
USAV 4.3.3: The players’ jerseys must be numbered in a permanent manner from 1 to 99. Duplicate numbers are not allowed.
- a. Uniform numbers must be clearly visible and centered (both horizontally and vertically) on the player’s chest and upper back.
- b. Each jersey must use the same color and number height for all players, except the Libero’s jersey, which may have different color and size numbers, provided it still meets the minimum criteria stated in USAV 22.214.171.124.
- c. Color combinations such as purple/black, dark green/black, navy/black, white/light yellow or navy/maroon are not distinctive enough to comply with the rules.
USAV 126.96.36.199: The numbers must be a minimum of 10 cm (4”) in height on the chest and a minimum of 15 cm (6”) in height on the back. It is recommended that the numbers be a minimum of 15 cm (6”) in height on the chest and a minimum of 20 cm (8”) on the back.
USAV 4.3.4: It is recommended that the captain have a stripe on his/her jersey underlining the number on the chest.
USAV 4.3.5: For nationally sanctioned competition, uniforms must be identical with the exception of sleeve length and the Libero players. An exception will also be made for a single manufacturer’s logo or trademark on the outside of the jerseys or shorts, provided that the logo or trademark does not exceed 14.6 square cm (2 ¼ square inches)
Colleges Attending the 2015 Mideast Qualifier
Want to know what colleges will be at the 2015 Mideast Qualifier? Check out the University Athlete links below! They have a list that is automatically updated every time a coach signs up their school.
These are the schools that have signed up on University Athlete. Typically MEQ gets between 250 and 350 colleges at MEQ. Most schools do not sign up until they get to the event. Check back often to see the list of schools, but please be aware that this is not the complete list, just the list that uses the University Athlete program.
Colleges Signed Up to Attend the 2015 Mideast Qualifier - St. Louis >
Colleges Signed Up to Attend the 2015 Mideast Qualifier - Indianapolis >
Stay to Play and Save Policy
The Mideast Qualifier this year is happy to announce its implementation of the Stay to Play and Save policy. Although, this policy has been highly controversial in the volleyball community, it has become necessary to help combat hotels driving prices higher and higher. Over the years, we have had anywhere between 80 and 90 percent of our participants using rooms from the AES list. Unfortunately, as our tournament has grown, rates for downtown hotels have risen to as high as $184 a night. The best defense we have against these high prices, is to go to the Stay to Play and Save Policy.
What does this mean for you?
In order to participate in the Mideast Qualifier, each out of town team must get rooms from the AES Approved hotel Block. There are two easy ways to do this:
- Call us at 1-800-476-0060 ext 118 and we will help you with our personable and helpful staff led by
Kristine and Chris.
- Go online to https://www.advancedeventsystems.com/Hotel/SelectEvent.aspx and click on the appropriate event.
- Click on the appropriate hotel.
- Click on club/team/parents – book here
- Select state and check box of appropriate club, and then appropriate teams.
- Continue making reservation. It WILL be important that each room in the block attribute their room to the appropriate team.
Teams can make room blocks or make individual reservations, it is up to what each club’s preference is and what is the easiest process for those groups. We are here to help and to make this process as easy as possible.
How does Stay to Play and Save benefit you?
- Hotel Prices
First and foremost, hotel prices have been driven down. We have prices from as low as $69-$79 for non-downtown hotels and have seen dramatic decreases for our downtown hotels as well.
- Practice Balls
The ability to leave practice balls at home allows for great savings. Teams that are flying in pay as much as $50-$100 to bring practice balls. We will now be able to have balls available for check out at the tournament desk. Two forms of ID will need to be left in order to take advantage of this benefit, but will be returned when the balls are returned. Please register before by emailing Scott McQueen at email@example.com to take advantage of this savings. If you do not pre-register, it will be based on availability.
- Coupons and discounts at local restaurants and shopping attractions
With an increased commitment to the city and its hotels, we have been able to receive more opportunities for savings at various shops, restaurants, and local attractions that before would not have been available.
Pre-tournament check-in will take place at the Indianapolis or St. Louis Convention Center from 3:00
PM-9:00 PM on Thursday night. Please makes sure you have all of your players USAV numbers and medical release forms at check in. All teams MUST be checked in before playing.
701 Convention Plaza
St Louis, MO 63101
We are excited to host the Nike Mideast Qualifier! This is a great weekend to be in St. Louis. In addition to all of the St. Patrick’s Day Festivities, catch a movie at the new MX Theater or enjoy one of the many restaurants located within steps of America’s Center.
St. Louis is full of unique attractions, exceptional music, arts, and cultural institutions, and enough stores and specialty shops to keep any shopper happy. Experience the quirky City Museum, explore world-class attractions like the Saint Louis Art Museumand the Missouri History Museum, or take a tour of the Anheuser-Busch brewery and the Gateway Arch.
When the sun sets, the action heats up with casinos, live music and outstanding nightlife throughout downtown and St. Louis’ unique neighborhoods.
Enjoy your stay in St. Louis!
Airport Transportation Web Reservations (St. Louis Only)
Shuttles depart from St. Louis - Lambert International Airport every 15-30 minutes.
Our vans have limited availability. Secure your spot today, and book online.
It's easy, quick, and economical!
Reserve your spot today
St. Louis Gateway Arch
EACH guest planning to enter the Gateway Arch will be required to have EITHER a Journey to the Top ticket OR an Arch Entry-Only ticket to be allowed access to the facility.
Coupons & Deals
Things To Do
100 South Capitol Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46225
6002 Sunnyside Road
Indianapolis, IN 46236
Parking at Lucas Oil Stadium
There is plenty of downtown parking available. Rates vary. The Lucas Oil Stadium south parking lot will be available for MEQ parking on a first come first serve basis at a special rate March 20-22. Price is $10 with NO in-out privileges. Click above for a map.
Downtown Indy Express - GO Green Line Airport Shuttle
The Go Green Airport Shuttle is the express Indianapolis Airport shuttle serving Downtown Indianapolis. Our most popular stops serve Lucas Oil Stadium, The Convention Center, and The Marriott Complex (JW Marriott). The shuttle operates from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm 7 days a week. It’s just $10.00 one-way! Priority is given to online reservations. We strongly recommend you book a round trip reservation online so you won’t have to wait for the next bus! At the airport, Cash and Major Credit Cards are accepted but walkups may have to wait for the next shuttle.
Purchase tickets online Shuttle Map
The Indiana Pacers have offered group ticket rates during the Indianapolis MEQ for their Saturday, March 21st game against Brooklyn. Ticket prices vary.
March 21st, 2015 - Grand Opening! Nike MidEast Qualifier attendees get 15% off using the code 'SPIKE15' at checkout. Located at the Embassy Suites Indianapolis Downtown, 110 W Washington St, Indianapolis, IN 46204
March 19th, 2015 - Indiana Convention Center, Indianapolis, IN
Session I - 6:00 to 7:30pm | Session II - 7:30 to 9:00pm
Registration More Info
Championship Combines, in partnership with the MEQ's National Qualifier, is hosting the MEQ's Volleyball Recruiting Combine
on March 19th in the Indiana Convention Center. Two (2) sessions will be offered; 6 to 7:30 p.m. and 7:30 to 9 p.m.
The MEQ's Combine will be promoted to every NCAA Division I team in the country, along with NCAA DII/DIII, NAIA and JC programs in the greater Midwest and East coast regions.
For registration information/cost and complete details, please visit vbcombines.com or register here.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission of the USAV High Performance Program is to build a national pipeline of junior volleyball athletes and coaches, creating broad opportunities for advancing the level of play, competition and skill development throughout the sport. More Information >
2015 Girls' Tryouts
|Thursday, March 12, 2015
||St. Louis, MO
||America Center &
Edward Jones Dome
|Thursday, March 19, 2015
||Indiana Convention Center
Online Registration & Try-Out Schedule
Dig Pink® at the Mid-East Qualifier
This season for the 2015 Dig Pink® Tour, the Side-Out Foundation has launched the Assist Project and we want teams participating in the NIKE Mid-East Qualifier to take part in the project!
The goal is for clubs nationwide to raise $300,000 for cutting edge breast cancer research and create 30,000 cards for cancer patients in hospitals and cancer centers across the country. Meeting your team’s goal will get you FREE Assist Club warm-up tees for your entire team!
This project can have a huge impact on your local community. If your team is interested in joining the project, visit DigPinkTour.org for more details!
Sponsors & Exhibitors
Click below to download necessary form:
Exhibitor Agreement Form