2013 NIKE MidEast Qualifier
||Schedule / Results
||12, 13, 14, 15 American
||St. Louis, MO
||15 Open, 15 USA, 16, 17, 18
MEQ has been allocated the following bids for each division:
- 3 USA bids in the 18, 17, 16, 15, and 13s
- 2 USA bids in the 14s
- 3 Open bids in 14-18s
- 1 American bid in 12-18s
- 1 National bid in 12s
If you have any questions regarding this tournament, please contact Scott McQueen. Thank you!
Colleges Attending the
2013 Mideast Qualifier
Want to know what colleges will be at the 2013 Mideast Qualifier? Check out the University Athlete links below! They have a list that is automatically updated every time a coach signs up their school.
These are the schools that have signed up on University Athlete. Typically MEQ gets between 250 and 350 colleges at MEQ. Most schools do not sign up until they get to the event. Check back often to see the list of schools, but please be aware that this is not the complete list, just the list that uses the University Athlete program.
Colleges Signed Up to Attend the 2013 Mideast Qualifier - St. Louis >
Colleges Signed Up to Attend the 2013 Mideast Qualifier - Indianapolis >
Nike Mideast Qualifier Night
with the Indiana Pacers
As a member of MIDEAST QUALIFER, you, your friends and family are invited to see the Indiana Pacers play the Milwaukee Bucks on March 22, 2013 for a discounted price. Not only will you enjoy great basketball action, but by purchasing through this offer you will be participating in our “Lucas Oil Family Night” which means your ticket will include:
- Receive a food voucher good for one FREE hot dog, bag of chips and Pepsi product!
- Receive a FREE T-shirt!
A select few will be chosen to participate in a high-five tunnel for the Indiana Pacers during halftime of the event. You do not want to miss out on this opportunity!
To place your order, complete and return this order form or go to
https://www.pacersgroups.com/tickets/1014 and use your passcode: PACERS
by Friday, March 8, 2013.
Questions? Contact Eric Cole: (317)-917-2803 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dig Pink® at the Mideast Qualifier!!
Celebrate St. Patrick's Day in pink!
St. Louis, MO -- March 15-March 17
Indianapolis -- March 22-March 24
Make a statement by wearing pink the second day of each tournament (March 16th and 23rd).
Share photos from your pink-out on the Dig Pink Tour Facebook page!
& the Dig Pink® Tour present
This club season, join The Side-Out Foundation’s newest initiative 1,000 Strong, and launch the 2nd phase of the Side-Out Protocol!
Side-Out 2 will expand volleyball’s clinical trial to seven locations nationwide, incorporate additional methods of tumor analysis and increase the number of patient participants.
We challenge your club team to raise $250 for The Side-Out Foundation’s 1,000 Strong campaign!
If 1,000 teams nationwide raise $250 per team, club volleyball will be solely responsible for donating $250,000 to the only volleyball-funded breast cancer clinical trial!
Stay to Play and Save Policy
The Mideast Qualifier this year is happy to announce its implementation of the Stay to Play and Save policy. Although, this policy has been highly controversial in the volleyball community, it has become necessary to help combat hotels driving prices higher and higher. Over the years, we have had anywhere between 80 and 90 percent of our participants using rooms from the AES list. Unfortunately, as our tournament has grown, rates for downtown hotels have risen to as high as $184 a night. The best defense we have against these high prices, is to go to the Stay to Play and Save Policy.
What does this mean for you?
In order to participate in the Mideast Qualifier, each out of town team must get rooms from the AES Approved hotel Block. There are two easy ways to do this:
- Call us at 1-800-476-0060 ext 118 and we will help you with our personable and helpful staff led by
Kristine and Chris.
- Go online to https://www.advancedeventsystems.com/Hotel/SelectEvent.aspx and click on the appropriate event.
- Click on the appropriate hotel.
- Click on club/team/parents – book here
- Select state and check box of appropriate club, and then appropriate teams.
- Continue making reservation. It WILL be important that each room in the block attribute their room to the appropriate team.
Teams can make room blocks or make individual reservations, it is up to what each club’s preference is and what is the easiest process for those groups. We are here to help and to make this process as easy as possible.
How does Stay to Play and Save benefit you?
- Hotel Prices
First and foremost, hotel prices have been driven down. We have prices from as low as $69-$79 for non-downtown hotels and have seen dramatic decreases for our downtown hotels as well.
- Practice Balls
The ability to leave practice balls at home allows for great savings. Teams that are flying in pay as much as $50-$100 to bring practice balls. We will now be able to have balls available for check out at the tournament desk. Two forms of ID will need to be left in order to take advantage of this benefit, but will be returned when the balls are returned. Please register before by emailing Scott McQueen at email@example.com to take advantage of this savings. If you do not pre-register, it will be based on availability.
- Coupons and discounts at local restaurants and shopping attractions
With an increased commitment to the city and its hotels, we have been able to receive more opportunities for savings at various shops, restaurants, and local attractions that before would not have been available.
Within the MEQ there are numerous tournaments. These tournaments are the following divisions: Open, National (12& Under Only), USA, & American. These divisions are then divided into tournaments by age group (18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12). All tournaments are for girl's teams.
Open Division Tournaments
(18, 17, 16, 15, 14 & Under Age Groups)
These tournaments are limited to 48 teams per each age group. Up to 3 bids per tournament are available to the Open Division of the 2013 Mideast Qualifier provided 8 teams enter this tournament. The actual number of bids is contingent on the number of entries per tournament:
- 24 + teams entered = 3 bids
- 16 to 23 teams entered = 2 bids
- 8 to 15 teams entered = 1 bid
- Less than 8 teams entered = 0 bids
National Division Tournament
(12 & Under Age Group Only)
This tournament is limited to 128 teams. One bid is available to the National Division of the 2013 Mideast Qualifier provided 8 teams enter this tournament.
USA Division Tournaments
(18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13 & Under Age Groups)
These tournaments are limited to 128 teams per group. Up to 2 bids per tournament are available to the USA Divisions of the 2013 Mideast Qualifier provided 8 teams enter each tournament. The actual number of bids is contingent on the number of entries per tournament:
- 24 to 128 teams entered = 2 bids
- 8 to 23 teams entered = 1 bid
- Less than 8 teams entered = 0 bids
American Division Tournaments
(18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12 & Under Age Groups)
These tournaments are limited to 128 teams per group. One bid per tournament is available to the American Division of the 2013 Mideast Qualifier provided 8 teams enter each tournament.
If either field size of the 12 & under National and American Divisions does not meet the above minimums then the divisions will be combined and called the National Division. If this combined National Division has 16 or more teams, then it will retain both bids with the first bid going to the National Division at YJNC and 2nd bid going to the American division at YJNC. IF the combined National Division has less than 16 teams, then it will recieve one bid for the National Divsion at YJNC provided 8 teams are entered in the combined National Division.
- All 18, 17, 16, 15, & 14 Open Teams: $755
- All 12 National Teams: $755
- All 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, & 13 USA Teams: $755
- All 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13 & 12 American Teams: $755
NOTE - A cash deposit is no longer necessary to enter in Open tournaments at Qualifiers. In the case of an open team obtaining a bid to the JNC but does not use the bid, the team's club, director and coach(es) will not be allowed participation in any Qualifier for the 2014 season.
Entries for the MEQ must be received by 5pm EST on February 15th, 2013 for week 1 and 5pm EST February 22th, 2013 for week 2. ABSOLUTELY
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN AFTER THE ENTRY DEADLINE.
Team Selection, Bid Refusal & Notification
Immediately after the deadline, all teams will be notified of their acceptance to the event. In the event that the number of entries of a division exceeds the maximum field size, the results information to date will be used. It is strongly advised that each team submit any and all results to date, by the entry deadline. Teams with results on file are considered first. The following criteria will be used by the Competition Committee of the Youth & Junior Division of USA Volleyball to determine the field:
OPEN, NATIONAL, USA, & AMERICAN TEAMS
- Number of teams per club per division, with a maximum of two teams per club, per division unless additional space is available;
- Date that the completed entry application is received by the Qualifier
Teams are cautioned about making non-refundable travel plans prior to the acceptance date. Teams are, however, encouraged to make housing plans early.
Competition Format / Coaches Meeting
All teams should be prepared to play at 8am local time on Friday, March 15th or Friday, March 22nd, 2013. Actual start times will be communicated after the entry deadline. All competition is projected to be completed by 6:00pm on Sunday, March 17th or March 24th, 2013. A pre-tournament coaches meeting is scheduled for Thursday evening, March 14th or March 21st, 2013, to begin at 8:00pm local time. Team check-in will run from 3-9:00pm local time on Thursday, March 14th or March 21st, 2013. Sites of meetings will be at the Convention Center for the designated weekend. All formats and seeding will be as designated by the YJND Competition Committee.
Up referees will be supplied for all matches. Teams will be required to supply down referees, line judges and scorekeepers.
As in the case with the Junior National Championships, everyone listed on a roster as a coach is required to be IMPACT level certified. To obtain information on becoming IMPACT certified, contact the junior rep of your region.
This year MEQ will be charging an entry fee for all non-players and non-coaches. Tickets can be bought Thursday - Sunday at the rate of $7 a day or $18 for a 3-day pass.
We will start selling bracelets on Thursday from 5:00pm - 8:30pm. Admission will then again be open at 7:00am on Friday. "Lost" bracelets will not be replaced. We will replace damaged bracelets if needed. There will be security guards at the entrance and each hall and you will need to have the bracelet around your wrist to enter.
MEQ will be using Advanced Event Systems for its registration process. AES will be the website that is the choice of USA JNC Girls Championship, many other qualifiers (including MEQ) and regional tournaments around the nation for registering teams.
Please Note: When Registering on AES, make sure to change the location to Missouri for 12-14's & 15 American and Indiana for 15 Open, 15 USA & 16-18's.
- Go to Advanced Event Systems to register your team and club.
- Click on Add Club if you are a new user. If you already have a password and username, skip to step 4. If not, fill out the club info and hit the submit button.
- Next, fill out the Club Director info, creating a username and password and making sure to keep your username and password in an accessible spot for future use.
- Enter your username and password and login.
- Click on Staff, then "Add New Staff." Enter the information, and hit the submit button.
- Click on Players, then "Add New Players." Enter the information, and hit the submit button. Repeat for all players.
- Click on Teams from the list on the left.
- Click on Add New Teams, enter info, and submit information.
- Click on your new team, and then on "Add/Update Staff." Click on "Add New Staff" and choose from the pull down list the available names and hit submit.
- Go back to "Teams," click on the selected team, and then on "Add/Update Team Players." Choose from the pull down list of available names and hit submit. Continue until all team players are added.
- Click on "Enter Events." Hit the "Register" button for the weekend of MEQ that you are wanting to play.
- Select the division from the pull down list that you wish to enter your team and click on "Register Teams."
- Make sure you update your results under the results section!
- Contact AES Housing at 1-800-476-0060 x18 for rooms to ensure that you meet the Stay to Play requirement of 12 room nights per team.
- The Capitol Sports Center staff will send out broadcast emails to inform you of other information and steps as they come available. The checks and registration form can be sent to Capitol Sports Center, 1915 Gladden Road, Plainfield, Indiana, 46168.
Pre-tournament check-in will take place at the Indianapolis or St. Louis Convention Center from 3-9:00 PM on Thursday night. Please makes sure you have all of your players USAV numbers and medical release forms at check in. All teams MUST be checked in before playing.
The mission of the USAV High Performance Program is to build a national pipeline of junior volleyball athletes and coaches, creating broad opportunities for advancing the level of play, competition and skill development throughout the sport. More Information >