Registration for USAV Teams
This year's Can-Am Classic will be using Advanced Event Systems for its registration process. AES will be the website that is the choice of USA JNC Girls Championship, National Qualifiers, Regional’s, and many other events throughout the country.
- Go to Advanced Event Systems to register your team and club.
- Click on Create Account if you are a new user. If you already have a username and password, skip to step 4.
- Next, fill out the Club Director info, creating a username and password and making sure to keep your username and password in an accessible spot for future use.
- Enter your username and password and login.
- Once logged in, add players & staff by clicking on the appropriate link. AES integrated with USAV’s Webpoint system, if your region uses Webpoint, WE HIGHLY recommend using the USAV Import link. (This will save you time)
- Click Teams – add teams
- Enter events – you will build your roster after you select the event, division(s) per team – then click BUILD ROSTER.
- Click on continue.
- Check the entry form box and click print entry form.
- Print form, sign, and send in with check or credit card information to Capitol Sports Center, 1915 Gladden Road, Plainfield, IN 46168 or Pay Online.
- Make sure that USAV rosters for each team gets updated by the roster deadline date!
The Capitol Sports Center staff will send out broadcast emails to inform you of other information and steps as they come available.
Entry fees must be received with completed entry form to be accepted into the tournament by 5/7/2017. All participants must have a current AAU membership. Rosters need to be submitted online by the roster deadline 5/20/2017.
- Event licensed by AAU & all participants must have a current AAU membership
- Tournament held in Detroit, MI
- Paid referees on all matches
- Guaranteed 6 matches
- Entry Fee: $425 (13s-18s), $295 (12s) | Pay Online
- Entry Deadline: May 7th, 2017
- Teams must turn in either an AAU Generated Roster or an AAU Imported to AES Roster
- Medals & plaques for divison winners; Winners in each top age division will receive a free entry into the Volleyball Festival National Championships | Phoenix, AZ | June 29-July 2 | http://www.volleyball-festival.com
- Expecting teams from MI, OH, IN & Canada
- Contact: Scott McQueen - firstname.lastname@example.org
Colleges Who Attended the 2016 Can-Am
University Athlete 2016 College List
Stay to Play and Save Policy
The Can-Am Classic is happy to announce its implementation of the Stay to Play and Save policy. Although, this policy has been highly controversial in the volleyball community, it has become necessary to help combat hotels driving prices higher and higher. Over the years, we have had anywhere between 80 and 90 percent of our participants using rooms from the AES list. Unfortunately, as our tournament has grown, rates for downtown hotels have risen to as high as $184 a night. The best defense we have against these high prices, is to go to the Stay to Play and Save Policy.
What does this mean for you?
In order to participate in the Can-Am Classic, each out-of-town team must get rooms from the AES Approved hotel block, unless that team is located within 60 miles of the Cobo Center. There are two easy ways to do this:
- Call us at 1-800-476-0060 ext 118 and we will help you with our personable and helpful staff led by
Kenzie, our housing director.
- Go online to https://www.advancedeventsystems.com/Hotel/SelectEvent.aspx and click on the appropriate event.
- Click on the appropriate hotel.
- Click on club/team/parents – book here
- Select state and check box of appropriate club, and then appropriate teams.
- Continue making reservation. It WILL be important that each room in the block attribute their room to the appropriate team.
Teams can make room blocks or make individual reservations, it is up to what each club’s preference is and what is the easiest process for those groups. We are here to help and to make this process as easy as possible.
How does Stay to Play and Save benefit you?
- Hotel Prices
First and foremost, hotel prices have been driven down. We have prices from as low as $69-$79 for non-downtown hotels and have seen dramatic decreases for our downtown hotels as well.
- Practice Balls
The ability to leave practice balls at home allows for great savings. Teams that are flying in pay as much as $50-$100 to bring practice balls. We will now be able to have balls available for check out at the tournament desk. Two forms of ID will need to be left in order to take advantage of this benefit, but will be returned when the balls are returned. Please register before by emailing Scott McQueen at email@example.com to take advantage of this savings. If you do not pre-register, it will be based on availability.
- Coupons and discounts at local restaurants and shopping attractions
With an increased commitment to the city and its hotels, we have been able to receive more opportunities for savings at various shops, restaurants, and local attractions that before would not have been available.
Cobo Parking Map
Sponsors & Exhibitors
Exhibitor Agreement Form