Circle City Volleyball Club
2013-14 Year-End Results
2014 has been a great year for Circle City Volleyball Club with great results at all levels. The goal for most clubs across the country is to qualify in the Open Division of USAV Junior Nationals. While, qualifying just one team is a great accomplishment in itself, Circle was able to qualify 5 teams. Circle City was 1 of only 8 clubs to qualify 5 ore more teams in the Open Division for USAV Junior Nationals.
Circle City works to play the most competitive schedule of any club in Indiana while also keeping travel reasonable. We are fortunate to have the Mideast Qualifier in our backyard allowing our teams to play other clubs from across the country. In the 2015 season, Chicago will also host a new National Qualifier giving our teams even more opportunity to play teams from a distance while still keeping travel to a minimum.
Here is a list of some of our year-end accomplishments:
- 18 Purple completes an incredible season with a 3rd place finish at USAV Junior Nationals only losing one match to eventual Winner Coast 18 Mizuno out of Southern California. The 18 Open Division of USAV Junior Nationals is by far the strongest year end event in the Country in the 18 & Under Division. 18 Purple also won both National Qualifiers that it participated in.
- 18 Black finishes 28th out of 49 teams in the 18 Open Division of AAU's.
- 18 White finishes their season with a 19th place finish out of 87 teams at AAU's competing in the 18 Club Division. They narrowly missed out on advancing from their last pool losing 15-13 in the third to WAVE 18 Jon out of Southern California.
- 17 Purple claims 7th place at USAV Junior Nationals. The 17 Open Division of USAV Junior Nationals is by far the strongest year end event in the Country in the 17 & Under Division. 17 Purple also won The Northeast Qualifier.
- 17 Black finishes 13th in the 17 National Division of USAV Junior Nationals. They narrowly missed a minimum of a top 8 finish after losing their challenge match 15-13 in the third set. What an incredible run knocking off some 1's teams from some top-level clubs.
- 16 Purple ends their season on a 30-2 run winning three straight tournaments before finishing 5th in 16 Open at AAU's.
- 16 Black finishes 25th out of 80 teams in the 16 Premier Division at AAU's
- 16 White finishes 31st out of 138 teams in the 16 Club Division at AAU's.
- 16 West finishes 15th out of 55 teams at Asics Junior Nationals in Chicago
- 15 Purple finishes 23rd in 15 Open at USAV Junior Nationals. The 15 Open Division of USAV Junior Nationals is by far the strongest year end event in the Country in the 15 & Under Division.
- 15 Black finishes 17th out of 123 teams in the 15 Club Division at AAU's.
- 15 White finishes 39th out of 123 teams in the 15 Club Division at AAU's.
- 15 Chichester finishes 5th out of 55 teams at Asics Junior Nationals in Chicago.
- 15 Probst finishes 9th at the KIVA Memorial Day Classic
- 14 Purple gets eliminated from contention at USAV Junior Nationals in the 14 Open Division in a 5 way tie for second in their 8 team pool. The 14 Open Division of USAV Junior Nationals is by far the strongest year-end event in the country in the 14 & Under Division.
- 14 Black finishes 51st out of 139 teams in the 14 Club Division at AAU's.
- 14 White finishes 2nd out of 48 teams at Asics Junior Nationals in Chicago.
- 14 Power Shea finishes 24th out of 48 teams at Asics Junior Nationals in Chicago.
- 14 Power James finishes 15th at the KIVA Memorial Day Classic
- 13 Purple finishes 11th in the 13 Open Division at USAV Junior Nationals.
- 13 Black finishes 47th out of 108 teams in the 13 Club Division at AAU's
- 13 Power Alexander finishes 9th at MAVA Pre Nationals
- 13 Power Reilly finishes 7th at the Munciana Classic
- 12 Purple finishes 21st out of 48 teams in the 13's Division of Asics Junior Nationals in Chicago
- 12 Black finishes 21st ouf of 48 teams at Asics Junior Nationals in Chicago
- 12 Squirrels, 12 Blue Guppies & 12 Minions all completed their season at the Midwest Power League Tournament
Mel McHenry named to All-American team
Congrats to Mel McHenry on being named to the AAU All-American team in Orlando this week!
Congratulations to 14 White and Their 2nd Place Finish
Congratulations to Anita Liptak and her 14 White team on their 2nd place finish at the ASICS Tourney in Chicago.
Azariah Stahl Named Gatorade's Indiana Player of the Year
Azariah Stahl of Elkhart Central High School has been named the 2013-14 Gatorade Indiana Volleyball Player of the Year. Click here to read more on this outstanding achievement.
Congratulations to Taylor Hammill
Taylor Hammill has been named to the A3 training program for USAV.
Cuttino Selected to U.S. Women's Junior National Training Team
Congratulations to Danielle Cuttino for being selected as a member of the U.S. Women's Junior National Training Team! Read More >
Whether you are new to volleyball, preparing for the upcoming season, or just wanting to improve on a specific skill, Circle City has a camp for you! Learn More >
All participants will receive a t-shirt. If you have any questions call our office at (317) 839-5222. If you would like to participate, please use the registration options below.
Highlights from the Big South Tournament
Circle City Introduces Robert Blackwell and BURST
Circle City is excited to welcome Robert Blackwell. Rob will be in charge of our BURST program to help make our players better athletes. The program will consist of 50 minute sessions to help develop players into better jumpers with quicker movements. Rob has had a great deal of success on many levels and we are excited to see the improvements he can make in our athletes as well. If you are interested in taking part in this voluntary program, please email Rob at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in participating in BURST? Great News!
We are pleased to announce, due to the success and results of our “Burst” program, Rob has agreed to expand the program hours for your convenience. Also, we are bringing it to you at an exciting reduced rate. Take your game to the next level by adding a “Burst Workout” to your weekly routine. One (1) Burst session/week for only $50.00/month. Take advantage of half off the regular rate, simply email Scott or Rob and indicate if you prefer before or after practice sessions, or an alternate day. Burst begins Sunday January 12, 2014. Let us know if you are interested in participating in BURST this season:
Fourteen Girls from Circle City Named to 2013 ICGSA All-State Teams
Congratulations to the following fourteen Circle City players who made ICGSA All-State Teams!
- Class 1A 2nd Team All-State: Whitney Hoover, Elise Sombke
- Class 4A 1st Team All-State: Cassie Baird, Gabby Fisher, Faith Myers, Beth Prince, Azariah Stahl, Rebekah Strange, Calle Weddle
- Class 4A 2nd Team All-State: Jess Admire, Danielle Cuttino, Makayla Ferguson, Rachel Griffin, Emily Stebbins
Cuttino and Stahl Selected for Under Armour's Second Team All-American
Click here to read the press release from Under Armour regarding their 2013-2014 All-American teams. Circle City's own Danielle Cuttino and Azariah Stahl were named to the Second Team. Congratulations to them both!
2014 Handbook Available
If you missed one of the Circle City Parent Nights, you can still learn much about the program by reading the handbook. Click below to download a copy.
Circle City has enjoyed amazing success due to the talent, both with our players and our coaches. If you have passion to help our youth develop the correct foundation in Volleyball, run an efficient practice, learn from the top coaches, and get satisfaction from helping teach the game, you should consider joining the Circle City family.
Interested candidates are encouraged to contact Scott McQueen or Lance Keating regarding a potential spot on the coaching staff. Contact Info >
The Circle City Volleyball Club has helped hundreds of student-athletes with the recruiting process. For those new to club, and even those who have played at Circle for years, the rules and requirements can seem a little overwhelming. So, we have put together a short information page for those interested in the recruiting process, from Freshmen year to Senior year. Read more >